Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Man Card

Have you noticed the vast Easter conspiracy afoot? Cadbury Creme Eggs have shrunk! It's true, check it out at your local grocery. Now...I am not one for the goopy confections, but my brother is up in arms about this.

Does this mean he needs to turn in his man card? I mean...really. They are sugar filled eggs. Who truly cares? It makes me wonder about masculinity sometimes. To look at my brood of brothers you'd think testosterone rules the land. 4 of the 5 are incapable of conversation when football is on...the other one is like that when soccer is involved. When one got his hair styled for his wedding, the others responded with..."Dude, what did they do to your head?" They're all athletic, outdoorsy, manly men. Perfect hero material...except...
  • One carries his mini-dog in a purse. Yes, his dog.
  • One is thinking of boycotting Cadbury.
  • I've heard a rumor one has had a mani/pedi.
  • One is a regular Slim-Fast drinker.
  • One took a four day road trip...with our MOM!
  • One can cook! He is not a chef, mind you...just crazy in the kitchen.
  • Two don't drink coffee, one doesn't drink alcohol.
  • Two are clean FREAKS. Great as a brother, as a romance hero???
Tell me...do you think they are skating on thin man-ice? Or is this what we escape by reading about alpha romance heroes?

2 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed those eggs have shrunk - cos they have! Now I used to eat them regularly when I was a teen at Easter time and gave myself horrible headaches. I don't eat them like that anymore though I will indulge in a couple around this time. Yum...

LOL on the men in your life. ;)

TJ Brown said...

Don't tell my dh but I'm in love with the one boycotting cadbury. Egg shrinkage is an outrage!
Teri