Sunday, March 18, 2007

In Review...

I really wish there were a bigger market for short stories. I love them. Really, j'adore. And mine with The Wild Rose Press are doing so well, too. Ah, well. Someday, we'll all have short attention spans like me, then I'll rule the short story queendom.

In the meantime...I've found some great review sites, and enjoyed chatting up the reviewers about short stories.

IF WE LISTENED
  • "Ms. Bayley-Burke is able to paint a vivid picture of a tough decision and the results of them. She also shows the choices you may make in life affect how you end up conducting yourself with your children. I felt the story was believable since many people elope to escape the stress of planning a wedding. It was a wonderful story and very heart felt." --4 cups from Coffee Time Romance
  • "I found this short story very enjoyable. I liked how the couple was reminiscing about their life together. It was humorous and sweet and gave that warm, fuzzy feeling. I would buy this book for myself. I thought it was a very nice, satisfying snippet and it made me smile." --Sweeter Romantic Notions
  • "A delightful little read. One that made me think. The dedication also made me smile." --4 champagne glasses, Cocktail Reviews

2 comments:

April said...

I love short stories too! They're great when you don't have a lot of time to set aside for reading. You can get some enjoyment out of something short woo hoo!

I thought I was the only one who couldn't locate Bosey. I can't even access her old blog :-( Let me know if you find out where she is and what she's up to. Knowing her, she's in the cave working!

And I PROMISE to post more!

Dara Edmondson said...

I enjoy writing the short stories too. The Wild Rose Press is great to write for. There's something really exciting about finishing a story or a book. Short ones provide more of those highs!