Saturday, December 30, 2006

Minor Holidays

I am enjoying my last few days of slackiness, and got to pondering... I love holiday books. But then, those usually are thought of as Christmas. Well, I did a Christmas (Cooking Up A Storm) and Thanksgiving (Just One Spark). Maybe that is my thing. Maybe I write holiday books. Hmmm. April Fools? New Years? Halloween? 4th of July? Valentines?

So those are my 5 books this year, but then they aren't. I write for a UK publisher, and they don't do Halloween there, poor souls. Doubt they fancy 4th of July either. Well, ain't that just great.

I'm reading Kimora Lee Simmon's Fabulosity, and she does a great bit on building your brand. Which is so not me, I mean, I don't have that kind of energy to put on a persona. But if I did, I think I would be a Hooray for Holidays girl. The book is actually empowering, too bad her hub decided to announce he had a mistress before his wife's book came out. Classy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do a Valentine's Day book!! Please please please :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for New Year's Eve - it'd be fun!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh but they DO do Halloween...

Anonymous said...

You would be PERFECT for Valentine's Day.
Too bad about the stupid hubby. Seems pretty cold to announce it before his wife's book comes out. *rolls eyes*. Men.
Go Jenna. I know you're going to do well this year.