Wednesday, May 31, 2006

“Writing Time is Sacred. No Excuses.”

I biffed my one hour free write yesterday, and eked out a syno intead. I can piddle away on the internet, but if it comes to writing I feel I should be productive. Today Writing Coach wants me to list all the things I do instead of write. I think she means when I could be writing, not all the things I do. So yesterday...
  • Read the erotic poetry book because it was due back to the library
  • Researched weekend activities for the boys
  • Chatted up a friend on the phone
  • Visited with my brother and s-i-l when they stopped by
  • Watched the new Deadliest Catch
  • Browsed writing forums
  • Got sucked into the email vacuum
  • Blog surfed
I'm just getting warmed up, but you get the point. And now Writing Coach expects me to put aside all that and freewrite for an hour a day! Um...I think I'll write for an hour or three a day. Starting tomorrow. I've decided to work the WriMo/Book-in-a-month program I know so well. I'll probably waste time today looking for a group that is doing that for June.

No comments: