Wednesday, May 03, 2006

May Workshops and Q&As

I don't see many this month.

ROMANCE DIVAS
May 1-5: Q&A: Targeting Category Romance with Jenna Bayley-Burke & Fiona Lowe.
May 9th: Chat with HQN/HQ executive editor Tracy Farrell at 9pm.
May 10, 11, 12th: EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS AND SHOULD ASK! workshop with Ronda Thomson

Do you find yourself jumping feet first into a manuscript and getting to chapter two or three then suddenly coming up against a blank wall? Part of your problem may be that you don’t know your characters well enough to proceed. Join me for the May online workshop at Romance Divas to learn how to profile your characters before you ever begin your story. A great plotline will make your novel memorable, but great characters will make it unforgettable.

May 19-21 Q&A with Freya's Bower editors in Steamy

5 comments:

Kelley Nyrae said...

I'm a member of romance diva's but have yet to try one of their workshops. I'm working on my first novel so I should be checking out all the help I can get! I'll have to get over there and check it out. Thanks for the reminder.

Kelley Nyrae said...

I called B&N to try and get Just one Spark. They couldnt get it so I checked your site and it mentioned Amazon or mills and boone. Is the only way to get this book to order it on the internet through one of these sites?

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I can't wait. How does it feel to have your book cover on so many blogs? I count three (including Lucy Monroe--that's so cool).
Thanks for setting up the workshop on targeting HQ. I actually got in there a little. Dana Morton rocks.

Unknown said...

K - if you click on the cover from my site or blog, it takes you to amazon.co.uk where you can get it...and it's on millsandboon.co.uk
This has been quite the internet education for me - I learned that if you buy one book amazon is cheaper, but if you're getting 3 or more M&B is better because they have flat rate overseas shipping.

Kelley Nyrae said...

Thanks!!