Friday, May 19, 2006

FINALS AND TWEAKS

Cross your fingers y'all - Elvis isn't dead yet. I got a couple pages of 'tweaks' on Come For Dinner from my editor. I've decided tweaks is a editorial term for I like it, but you can make it better. Revisions is more like what you have to do to make the editor like it.

My real life is a bit sad at the moment, so I used the revisions as an escape. I really like the hero better now. I had him a bit to out of control I think. Real, but not as relateable and focused as he is now that I've had some suggestions.

AND Par For The Course finaled in the Great Beginnings contest!! I love the validation!

6 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Congrats, Jenna! I'm feelin' it with this one. :)

Sorry your life is sad right now, no fun. :( Hope everything is ok. Glad you made your hero better - that's always good.

Take care.

Julie S said...

Elvis lives!!! Woo hoo! Congrats on that, and on the contest!

K.A.S. said...

Gratz on finaling!

Elvis is immortal.

Mmm. Now would that make a nice secondary plotline for my Vegas vamps?

Lynn said...

{{{HUGS}}} on the sadness of your life. I hope things improve soon. But I'm glad you've been able to use your tweaks and edits as an escape. Isn't it wonderful when you can do that?

Congrats on finaling!

Kelley Nyrae said...

congrats on the contest!! I'm sorry you are dealing with some sad things in your life. I hope it gets better soon.

April said...

Congrats, Jenna! Tweaks... Not bad at all!!

Hugs on the sad stuff! Hope it gets better soon.