Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday 13 -- RWA Nationals Edition








Thirteen Experiences Money can't buy at the RWA National Conference



1…. Meeting your editor face to face...so she only said 'hi' but you know, I know what she looks like now and can corner her later
2…. The awesomeness of the literacy signing. I could not believe the amount of people!
3…. Getting to say 'thank you'n to authors who wrote a book that changed the direction of your life...like Kristin Hardy did for me with My Sexiest Mistake.
4…. Meeting people you know over the internet. Trish Wylie is just as funny, Fiona Harper is just as sweet, Kristin Painter really is that pretty...the list goes on.
5…. Having Cassidy Kent invite you to a drag queen kareoke show.
6…. The Goody Room -- more on that on PHS. I'll do a 13 best things in the Goody Room blog there.
7…. Learning Sandra Marton's husband sent off her first submission to Mills & Boon...70 books ago!
8…. Find out Melissa McClone always wanted to write for Harlequin Romance, but was bought by Silhouette first, so the merging of the two lines was a dream come true for her.
9…. Partying in Sandra Marton's room. No joke. Pizza, wine, baklava from Egypt...and I was invited.
10…. Chatting people up in elevators, and only later being told they happen to be important. Agents. Yeah, well, at least I am friendly.
11…. Coming all the way to Texas...to meet up with people from Oregon. No kidding, so many of my local RWA chaptermates are here. Could be because of all the RITA and GH nods...RCRW rocks!
12…. Meeting all the Romance Divas - the literacy signing made some of them stay put so they were easy to pin down. And congrats on the Kensington sale, Crystal!
13…. Knowing there is more to come tomorrow...

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jenna!
Sounds like you are having an awesome time. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Anonymous said...

Jenna - you have to promise to go to SFO next year so we can meet. I am saving my pennies.

You sound like you are having a blast. :-D

Melissa McClone said...

Hanging out with you in Sandra Marton's room was such fun! And thanks for remembering and mentioning #8!

Heather said...

Great TT. Sounds like you've had some awesome experiences so far!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm sort of jealous I'm not a RWA member after reading all the entries about the event!

Sandra Marton said...

Hanging out with all of you guys in my room was a blast!