Sunday, July 15, 2007

Aftermath

It is so good to be home! With as much fun as I had at RWA...I need the rest. Not that I get much rest ith my dervishes, but I'll take what I can get. I learned so much at my first conference, and not just that hotels can get away with chargng $5 for a bottle of water. Yes, that cheesed me out royally. Next year I will be more prepared because...
  • It's San Francisco. It won't be as hot and as a native Californian, I'm just more comfortable there.
  • The flight cost won't cause Hubba Bubba to hyperventilate. Here's hoping the hotel cost won't either. And I'll bet it won't have roaches, mice, or ants. OK. Maybe ants...but when they say everything is bigger in Texas, they mean the vermin as well.
  • I'll bring comfy shoes. I went for cute this time...and came home with blistered and bleeding feet. Actually, by Friday I was walking around barefoot half the time.
  • Dresses are the way to go...unlike suits and the whole pants/blouse combo thing...you don't have to change before dinner. One outfit all day. Brilliant.
  • The color coded schedule works....I'm usually not so planned out, but I made it to 8 classes, 2 appointments, 1 breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, and 4 parties. Hence the exhaustion now...still, I bet I could have squeezed in one or two more things...
  • Go to the Goody room on Day one, hour one
  • There are tons of books at the publisher sponsored signings...but get there early
  • You don't need the laptop AND the alphasmart...especially since you need as much room as you can spare to bring books home :)

Goodnight all! Hope everyone arrived home safely and is feeling recharged. I know I am ready to restart...

7 comments:

TJ Brown said...

I am going next year and a pair of designer flipflops is on my list of things to take... how can anyone look at your flip flops aghast if they are those cute Juicy paris or maybe a Roxi pair. HA!
Teri

Anonymous said...

Yay you! Welcome home...

Kristen Painter said...

It was great to see you!

Melissa McClone said...

Welcome home, Jenna! Hope your feet heel quickly!

Julie S said...

It was so fun meeting you Jenna!
There's a picture of you looking hot on my blog.

Unknown said...

Welcome home! Now I'm off to Julie's blog to see that hot pic!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Jenna! It was great seeing you in Dallas. :)