Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Month in Review

Ah, January. You know, I wish I could say I'd do it all over again, but really, I am ready to move on.

Highlight reel ::
  • Freakish snowstorm shut down the city for a week. Great that the kids could build a snowfort and sled in their own yard, not great that they were home from school and stole me from my writing groove.
  • Took the kids to the pizza place with the indoor playground three times. Yeah, let's skip that in February, shall we?
  • Evil eye was back, so spent lots of time visiting with my eye doctor and wearing the glasses I loathe.
  • We had a nasty stomach flu that was shared by the entire family. This really puts a damper on the writing mood. I mean, who can think fun, flirty, sexy while smelling....just forgeddaboudit!
  • Double rejection from the lovvely editor. Truly, if that ever happens again it will be too soon.
  • On the plus side, I had two short stories come out from Wild Rose Press, Just One Spark was on the shelves in Australia, BabyBoy started a tumbling class that is beyond adorable, and my baby brother babysat twice and cleaned my microwave both times!
Next month looks good as long as the groundhog sees his shadow. Dreams & Desires comes out, I have my first book signing, I'm doing a workshop at a writing retreat, and I have two more shorts coming from WRP. Here's hoping I hammer out a book idea with the editor and make some progress on it!

No comments: