Friday, January 05, 2007

First Draft in 30

Any minute now, Pink Heart Society is going to launch FinDaBoo...or Finish the Damn Book. It's making me look back on my writing process, or lack there of, and see where I can improve.

Cooking Up A Storm was written with the First Draft in 30 plan, which by the end of the draft got painful. My poor CP was on cheerleader patrol for the last week. But, the book was very tight, something that I admire in others work. So, I am trying it again, but modifying it. For health reasons I am not up to writing, but plotting and research can be done in spurts, so it is the perfect timing for taking another crack at the method.

So far, I've found a lot more conflict than I originally presented to the lovely editor, so she'll be ecstatic about that. AND I am ahead of schedule! I did the first week in 5 days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on that! I have the book, started reading it but haven't read through it yet. Didn't I just say this about another book on your blog? lol

And sorry about the rejection. They suck. Big time.

Anonymous said...

I had NO IDEA that you were subbing to WRP. I went and bought them both. Can't wait to read them.