Saturday, January 13, 2007

And still...

I haven't started the new book.

Phew, it feels good to get that out there. I have lots of good excuses - the boys have been sick, the house is a wreck, HubbaBubba worked late every night...no good reasons though. Especially since my brother came and watched my boys tonight AND managed to clean my house. Yeah, I need to make him move in! He's a wonder!

The book hasn't gelled yet. There is still something not working. I have it plotted out in my mind...but it's not there yet. Usually this doesn't stop me, but I want 2007 to have half the number of rejections of 2006. The only way to do that is to either not submit or write stories I think my editor will snag. Given my submission addiction, I'm betting on the lovely editor.

Harumph. Isn't this supposed to be easy? Every non-writer thinks so...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when it takes time for it to gell. I know you'll get it. I know it's tough, but it will come to you.
Hooray on having someone to watch the kids and clean the house.

Anonymous said...

I never thought it would be easy, published or non. Because I've been warned from the get go that it's always an uphill battle.

This will be your year! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your 'isn't this supposed to be easy' -- my husband surely thinks it should be! ;)

Good luck!
Cole

Anonymous said...

LOL I know what you mean. It's like my hands won't start typing the story until the little unknown is known even if I don't know exactly what it is.

(Oh yeah, that made total sense)