Thursday, September 14, 2006

Not yet! I'm not ready!

Halloween? Already? Didn't they just start school?

I can not believe stores are selling out of Halloween costumes already. I was at Costco...and all the Pooh Bears are gone! Not that my boys wanted to be Pooh Bear, but I thought with enough bribing I'd be walking Pooh and Eeyore around the neighborhood. Not so!

Now I'm stuck trying to decide which costume options to offer them. I try and keep it animal or career, so they don't get stuck with character costumes. Those get dated so quickly, and I always try to hand BigBoy's costumes down to BabyBoy. Oh, and I have a no gun/sword/num-chucks issue. Really narrows down costume choices.

Which means...BabyBoy will most likely be a firefighter this year... and BigBoy? I just dunno!
The Wizard of Oz  Premium Scarecrow  Child Astronaut NASA  ChildThe Wizard of Oz  Premium Cowardly Lion  Child


HER CINDERELLA COMPLEX :: Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter 22,019 / 60,000 (36.7%)

3 comments:

Lis said...

Yeah Costco's had halloween costumes here since July. You might want to see if costco.ca or .com has any. Never know what they carry :)

Anonymous said...

One day, in the not so distant future, I will come to America and experience Halloween. Cuz down here, we're like Hallo-what??

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we don't make such a fuss of Halloween here in the UK. There are already far too many commercial celebrations as it is without adding to the list with yet another. Fun? Maybe, but at what cost? Sorry if I sound like a party-pooper but I believe in making your own entertainment on your own terms rather than by following commercial values. I might even opt out of Christmas this year (some hope!).