Sunday, April 20, 2008

Two Days

When Trish and I started this writing war, we were focused on her two week deadline...in two days we'll have been writing for two weeks. I'm only half done, with characters who are in a steamy bathroom and not being steamy! Darned round characters. Flat ones you can bend at will, but ones who've become people to you, you have to let them do their thing. At least in a first draft.

Anyone else think Trish is going to pop up on Tuesday like toast, completed manuscript in hand?

FIRST IMPRESSIONS...

26725 / 50000 words. 53% done!

3 comments:

Janet Ch said...

Hmm. I thought deadline day was last Friday. April 4th was day one according to Trish's blog.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's going on with Trish. I hope her computer is okay and that she's okay. But you? Girl, halfway done in two weeks is AMAZING!

Unknown said...

j - I think we hatched the idea on a Friday, but I didn't start until Tuesday...don't think Trish did either. I never seem to be able to write on Saturdays...those are my 'chase down the husband and make him do all the things I can't right now' days. :)

Thanks Amy...I am trying...though I nudged the brilliant editor on the partial of another story today, so when she gets to that I'll have to switch...or give birth. I doubt many will argue with that excuse!

Trish's computer is OK, me thinks...she does this cave thing where she gets all wild and writes 10K in a day. It's freakish. Works, but freakish.