Wednesday, April 16, 2008

TBR Day - Secrets volume 1

I'm all about reading :) Angie James did this TBR Day thing today, so I checked it out and decided to copy. It's flattering, right? Either way, lots of people do it. For more info on To Be Read Day, check out AvidBookReader.

Title: Secrets volume 1
Author: Alice Gaines, Bonnie Hamre, Ivy Landon, Jeanie LeGendre
Year published: 1995
Genre: novella - historical, contemporary, fantasy
Blurb:
  • The Proposal by Ivy Landon - Take a walk on the wild side of love
  • The Gift by Jeanie LeGendre - Exotic seduction and a concubine's surrender to the Sultan's desires.
  • The Spinner's Dream by Alice Gaines - Will leave every woman wishing for her own private love slace, desperate and running for his life
  • A Lady's Quest by Bonnie Hamre - a Lady searches for a lover in a way that is sure to shock and please.
Last year at RWA I snagged a ton of Secrets volumes. I love that each story is different, and the shorter length means I can read them quickly. It makes me want to pick a favorite...but that is hard to do. A Lady's Quest was great because it was a new idea, modern ideals weaving into Regency times. Likewise The Proposal was fun because it twisted a relationship that was 'good enough' into exceptional. I think The Gift was the best. It was a time period (Ottoman empire) I hadn't read before, and it focused intently on seduction. Made for a fast and fabulous read.


FIRST IMPRESSIONS...


22053 / 50000 words. 44% done!
I wonder how Trish is doing...

1 comment:

Natasha Oakley said...

I'm trying to get Trish on the phone now. I think she's been missing long enough!