Friday, April 04, 2008

She thinks she can scare me...

She has a deadline...I have a due date...who will finish the book first?


Fellow Modern Heat author Trish Wylie and I are each going to write a book in 2 weeks. Yes, it can be done. No, neither of us has pulled it off before. But really, what choice do we have? I'm guessing I have two weeks to hear back for the new editor on the partial I sent in. Since the baby is coming, if I want to write this story I'll need to get it done before she wants the rest of that book. No time to waste!

I'm running with a darker idea than I usually attempt. Starts with a funeral, swirls around the world of Jane Austen, and may just end up on an island. Not sure. I'll have to keep up with Trish somehow!

Today I am calling Jake & Lily's story First Impressions. Be sure to check my blog and Trish's to see how we're managing!


963 / 50000 words. 2% done!

4 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

You can do it sweets! Woot woot! :)

Trish Wylie said...

Well I can see there's gonna be a bit of a COMPETITION here!

*rolls up sleeves*

Natasha Oakley said...

Can't tell you how glad I am I'm not playing.

Anonymous said...

You go, girls!