Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday 13 :: First lines from my romance novels and novels to be...



Thirteen first lines from Jenna's novels...


1…. “Stolen.” -- Driven to Distraction (WIP)
2…. Some things are better rich. -- Balancing Acts (next WIP)
3….“Those things will kill you, you know.” -- Drive Me Crazy (chapter 3 stall)
4….“You need to put some clothes on.” -- For Kicks (homeless)
5….“You’re late.” -- Her Cinderella Complex (coming 2008 from Samhain)
6….Tyler McNally’s heart stalled in his chest. -- Little White Lies (homeless)
7….Ben Cannon knew better than to take a midweek flight into North Bend. -- Par For The Course (homeless)
8…. The gunmetal gray sky outside his office window mocked him. -- Cooking Up A Storm (Mills & Boon)
9…. Scanning the line for the third time, Hannah crossed her legs tighter and tried to concentrate. -- Just One Spark (Mills & Boon)
10…. That's what you get for opening you big mouth, David Strong said to himself as he pulled his baby blue Corvette Stingray in front of Working It Out. -- Breaking His Rules (homeless)
11…. “Serena, have you heard a word I’ve said?” -- Getting Personal (WIP someday)
12…. Just don't trip. -- The Marrying Man (stalled at chapter 10)
13…. "I am NOT a virgin!" -- Party Favors (WIP someday)






21 comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

NICE - I wish I had 13 myself! ROFL...I'm not that profilic yet...

Unknown said...

They aren't all finished!!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I'm laughing at "I'm NOT a virgin"
and I can't believe that "For Kicks" doesn't have a home with "You need to put some clothes on" for an opener. LOL.

Elle Fredrix said...

Some great lines there. And hey! Congrats on the nomination!

Michelle Pillow said...

Great list of first liners :)

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Great idea for a TT list, Jenna! Nice first liners. :-D

Unknown said...

You have some great first lines here. I suck at writing them, and find myself going over and rewriting them forever.

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Great lines! Definite page turners.

Unknown said...

I can't count how many times I rewrote the Just One Spark one! Sheesh!

For Kicks is...going to be tossed at my Samhain editor next. Poor thing. Here's hoping she stays off the 13 loops today. She'll start to get scared at how much I have to give her.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Great idea--and great lines!!

Unknown said...

Interesting list!

Sonja Foust said...

I am SO jealous because: (1) you have 13 WIPs; and (2) you have great first lines! First lines are really hard for me!

Crystal Jordan said...

I love "Those things will kill you"!

Anonymous said...

Good job - maybe I'll try this sometime, although I don't have 13 wip's and/or book either.

Donica Covey said...

Great lines!

Have a great day!

Donica

Anonymous said...

Wow, 13 WIPs... I so need to be more prolific. :D

Shelley Munro said...

Great minds think alike. I did the same thing this week.

Shelley Munro said...

Eek, hadn't finished. A gremlin struck. I loved your first lines :)

P. Robinson said...

Cool first lines!

Two Voices Publishing said...

Great idea for a TT! I'll have to try this!

Unknown said...

To be fair...I stole the idea from kim a few weeks back :)