Thursday, April 05, 2007

I AM SUCH A FOLLOWER...


Thirteen Things I've researched for DRIVEN TO DISTRACTION


1…. Haunted hotels! No, this is not a ghost story book :)
2…. French Translations! All hail Babelfish.
3…. Olivier Martinez Yum!
4…. America Ferrera Adorable!
5…. Greyhound bus schedules Would you ride a bus for 4 days to make it to your sisters wedding?
6…. Driving Directions Are you a Mapblaster or a Google Mapper?
7…. Lincoln Memorial I needed to know what you could see from the steps, and I couldn't get my brother to haul his butt over there and tell me anything beyond "grass"
8…. Frank Lloyd Wright...why are men obsessed with his designs? It is as common as a football fetish!
9…. Teach America...had to find out where the schools were that you could work at to forgive your student loans
10…. Colonial furniture Goes back to the haunted hotel thing
11…. French customs And in true Jenna slacker form, I used phone calls, A Year in the Merde, In The Merde For Love, and Finding Your Inner French Girl.
12…. Cafe con Leche I always know my characters favorite drink and try to work it in to amuse myself. For Jaime it's cafe con leche...but she's Mexican and I worried that is a Cuban drink and wouldn't that be clashing...and then I chatted up some people and realized...she's American. Part of our charm is taking the best things from other cultures and adopting them as our own
13…. Sexy French Phrazes I researched them...but so far I chickened out on using them. But I REALLY wanna!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 comments:

Eva Gale said...

Hooo Myyy Gaaawwwddd, Oliver Martinez. Hawt hawt hawt. Unfaithful...the stair scene. *shiver*

Elle Fredrix said...

Welcome to TT! And go ahead and use those French phrases!

ps-I sent you a PM on how to get the linky code.

Heather said...

Fun list, Jenna!

The view from the Lincoln Memorial used to be quite spectacular, looking all the way up to the Capitol, but not sure in what ways the new WWII Memorial has changed the view. As for FLW...LOL. We have a few of his designs around here. I guess the "fetish" is because his ideas were rather "out there," or truly innovative, depending on your POV, for his time.

P. Robinson said...

I love to do research. You simply must share the teach America one. (I work in education and am full of student loans) You should have just given your character GPS! haha

Anonymous said...

I'd have to really love my sister for that bus ride. I mean REALLY love. Even then, not so sure. I've done 24 hours on a train and three hours on a bus, all with a toddler. Four days, even by myself, would be beyond torture. If this is what your heroine does, kudos to her!!!!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I swear, all men are alike. Frank Lloyd Wright and grass...yup, that sounds like my dh!

Shelli Stevens said...

LOL. Good job on your TT. I love researching. Especially ghosts :D

Julie S said...

I adore Frank Lloyd Wright. I used to live around the corner from one of the homes he designed.

I'm impressed all this stuff is going to be in your book - can't wait to read it!

Shari said...

I had to do my 4th grade project on A. Lincoln. I have never been to DC, so all I've seen are his house, the Springfield, IL memorials, etc.

Anonymous said...

Way to go joining TT! I got my header at the official TT site (if you follow your link you will find that site and then look under headers - there are lots of different ones).

Re RTB there was a call a while ago and I answered it and talked to one of the people there. I am only allowed to blog as a reader in this particular case, rather than as a writer. My first post was a week or so ago. :-)