Saturday, February 02, 2008

I worship Jane Austen

This is true. Did my undergrad thesis on her, and LOVED it. I feel for people who slogged through theirs.

I wanted to remind you (and me) of Masterpiece Theater broadcast adaptations of all of Jane Austen's six novels plus a new drama based on her life will be starting soon.

Here is a schedule of the Austen novels that will be aired.

Jan 13 - Persuasion (missed it. boy was sick)
Jan 20 - Northanger Abbey (LOVED it. But then, I think this book is lovely as well)
Jan 27 - Mansfield Park
Feb 3 - Miss Austen Regrets (CAN. NOT. WAIT. for this!)
Feb 10 though Feb 24 - Pride and Prejudice
Mar 23 - Emma
Mar 30 and Apr 6 - Sense and Sensibility


If you read/watch at least two Jane Austen novels/movies in 2008 you will have satisfied the requirements for Becky's Mini-Austen Challenge. How's that for wonderful?

I am Marianne Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!

No comments: