Wednesday, July 26, 2006

RWA begins today...without me

Alas, thanks to the fridge I didn't make it to RWA in Atlanta. But I'm not alone! Lucy Monroe is throwing a huge blog party with prizes! I'm loving it.

My Romance Writers report came today, so I thought I'd go through it, as a mini-workshop for myself.

A MALADY THAT'S SPREADING - Michele Dunaway

Light and smart look at fighting the plague of desk butt. Michele got a wake up call when her cholesterol snuck up on her, and learned to work healthy eating and fitness into her life. She gives some examples from other authors, like Cynthianna Appel who walks every morning like I do.

Writing does mean an awful lot of sitting, of free (ha!) time spent typing when we could be moving. It's nice to see that most writers struggle with it. It's not just me!

TAKING THE PAIN OUT OF PLANNING - Renee Hagar

I need to have a business plan! Omigawsh! I thought I left those days behind. Not so, says Hagar and the other authors quoted in the article. Most of the points talked about are things I've thought of, but never articulated. I'm off to work on my business plan...you'll see it tomorrow. Aren't you lucky?

3 comments:

Julie S said...

I still haven't received my RWR. What's up with that? No conference, no RWR. :-(

Good luck on your business plan!

Karen Erickson said...

Uhhh, I'm in the same boat. No conference, no RWR. I smell a pity party coming on....

Waaaahh!!!!

Share your business plan please. I guess I need one too...

Tempest Knight said...

I need to check out the blog partee!