Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Being Silly & Having Fun


I have way too much on my mind with real life to be productive. But I am thinking...I like to be silly. Professionalism has never been my bag. I like to work hard and the rewards that come with that, but I like to have fun the whole way...well, as much of the way as I can manage.

In Just One Spark there are lots of bits I incorporated to make it fun for me. Kate's penguins, for instance. And in Cooking Up a Storm you'll see those naughty vegetables I was scouring the web for a few months back. Drive Me Crazy - which I will get back to as soon as I have this health stuff worked out - will have that freaky zoo trip I had a while back (amorous animals). Each book has a little piece of fun for me to rediscover each time I read.

Is it silly? Yeah. Do I care? Not so much. I write light, fun romance novels. I'm not changing the course of literature. Besides, I love reading those outrageous bits when other authors have them. We all should enjoy ourselves more and worry less.

3 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

I prefer the light stuff, both with reading and writing. But I like the occasional dark stuff or a thriller, etc. But gimme the fun stuff any day!

KATZ said...

Definitely "light" describes my writing! I tried my hand at suspense, but it was not for me.

Light, fun, quick, and predictable HEA are the REASONS I read romance! If it gets too dark, too serious, too SLOW, I put it down... :)

Julie S said...

I prefer light...I'm trying to keep it light. Not sure if it's working!

I loved the penguins. My college sorority mascot was penguins, so Kate's penguins reminded me of those days...