Monday, September 18, 2006

Stops and Starts

Stories come to me in big streams, huge deluges of words and actions that I have to race to get on the page. It's fantastic...unless I can't write. I know I won't be able to get the sparkle of the idea back...and it is frustrating as all get out when I am plotting a story.

When I am just writing, letting the story flow...it is so much easier to deal with interruptions. If I don't get down this scene, another one will come to me. It's less stressful one the writing side, more taxing on the business side. Will the lovely editor like this book? I have no idea, since I have no synopsis, no idea where it is going.

HER CINDERELLA COMPLEX :: Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter26,469 / 60,000 (44.1%)

On the other hand...I am percolating her suggestions on JUST ONE NIGHT, and have recruited the help of one of my Diva friends to help decipher what my editor saw in the synopsis, because she repeatedly said she liked it, but I couldn't hear what it was she liked because she had issues with so many key elements.

(insert long sigh here)

Someday I am going to have this writing thing figured out and act professionally, i.e. keep my mouth shut about my frustrations. Until then...I'll look forward to tomorrow, when I get to write the first yummy scene of Cinderella. In a pool...

2 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Sorry Jenna....and I understand what you're saying about just writing and letting the story flow. But when the well has run dry, the well is bone dry. At least for me...

Michelle said...

Well my friend, at least you can write and are published! LOL Nah, I know how hard it is. I have a lot of great ideas but don't seem to have motivation at the moment to go. I'm doing much better at reviewing and/or critiquing others and helping them with their stuff. Or RR lists. Then I only have to write a short bit and move on. Hey, I want to review COoking up a storm so if you want to send it to me let me know. I'm reviewing through the Divas, RItes of Romance and my own stuff (another to do is to get the review blog up). I'm also a member of RIO now, although they haven't updated their page yet.