Thursday, September 28, 2006

The downhill slide

It's the downhill slide of the week, not my workload. Ever feel that time just got away from you?

I finially finished the first draft of the partial for my lovely editor. I thought I'd have turned it in by now, but she said to take my time, so I did, letting it stew and rewriting things a million differnt ways. Well, seventeen. But that seemed like an awful lot. I hope to get the partial off to her on Monday. New week, new story...I'm hoping she'll still be in love with it.

My agent is going gangbusters on submissions, which makes me want to pass some more of my ST stories his way...but they aren't where I want them. I want to add a few scenes to each of them, but haven't had the time. To get back into a project I have to read it through first, then work in what I planned. The time just isn't there right now - not with my health issues, HubbaBubba's new job, the babes both starting school. I see why so many writers wait until their kids are older and their SO's job is stable before trying to focus on writing. There are only so many hours in the day!

And then there is Her Cinderella Complex, my decadent plotless story that may be on the road to nowhere, but I love it. I left it when I heard back from the lovely editor, and now want to get back to the characters. I left them in the pool, fighting in the afterglow. No wonder I want to dive back in!

No comments: