Monday, April 14, 2014
April 14: Queentutt's World of Escapism
April 15: Literary Lunes Magazine
April 15: Romance Novel Giveaways
April 16: Behind Closed Doors
April 17: For the Love of Bookends
April 18: All I Want and More
April 21: It's Raining Books
April 22: Aly's Miscellany - Review
April 23: Wicked Readings By Tawania
April 24: Rage, Sex and Teddy Bears - Review
April 24: Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock - Review
April 25: Susana's Morning Room
April 28: Sarah Says Read Romance - Review
April 29: Rachel Brimble Romance
April 30: Reviews By Molly
May 1: i love lady porn
May 2: Booker Like a Hooker
May 2: Zee Monodee - Author's Corner - Review
May 5: Books Are Love - Review
May 6: Musings and Ramblings
May 7: Booklover Sue
May 8: Room With Books
May 9: Beyond My Writing Space - Review
Friday, April 11, 2014
Thanks to Miranda Grissom Joyfully Reviewed for a lovely review
Jenna Bayley-Burke’s For Kicks is one outstanding romance. Breeze and Logan heat things up quickly. Breeze is such a determined woman she almost lets it get in her way. Logan is carefree but knows when to be serious. I love the way he romances Breeze. It is so sweet and dreamy. I mean, if a guy did some of the stuff he does for me I would be putty in his hands :) . This contemporary novel has it all: exceptional characters, wonderful plot and a heavenly romance. Don’t miss out on For Kicks this is a keeper romance.
Thursday, April 10, 2014
1. Latest release? Like Honey , the third in my SAFFRON NIGHTS series is just out. It’s set in beautiful Scotland with a sexy spy-turned-beekeeper and a young lonely widow. Gray is sent to there to infiltrate her honey business because of illegal goings-on. They are very attracted to one another—but he’s her employee (at least that what she thinks) and she may be a criminal, so Gray can’t act on his impulses. The way they get to know one another better makes up a part of the story. The other part is the suspense element, which includes an international drug ring, along with local rivalries.2. In the hottest scene...kisses or condoms? Neither—honey. ;-)
3. What are you working on? I also do a little publishing on Amazon right now. I’m publishing a series of linked short stories, Eight Lays Around the World . The first one is set in Egypt, the next one will be set in Hong-Kong. These stories are more erotic than romance. Grin.In addition, I’ve just signed a contract with Harper Impulse to do and anthology with my group blog, Lady Smut. LADY SMUT’S BOOK OF DARK DESIRES.
4. What have you Googled for research? Oh GAWD, what haven’t I googled? From methods of murder to kinky sex toys and BDSM practices to all kinds of freaky food things. Hah!5. What do you drink when writing? Water or hot tea. Not very exciting, is it? I’ve tried to write with a glass of wine—it sounds so romantic! But it doesn’t work for me.
6. Do you have a writing uniform? Nope.
7. Where do you write? I write in a room that used to be a sun porch. We’ve turned it into an office.
8. What was the last thing you read? Hmmm. I read something in a genre I don’t usually read and I liked it. The House on Olive Street by Robyn Carr. I liked it a lot.
9. Paper, audio, or ebook? Paper. But I love my Nook!
10. Favorite book in the last few months? Wisp of a Thing: A Novel of the Tufa (Tufa Novels) by Alex Bledsoe
12. Secret super power? Disappearing. Especially when I have a book due. My family can not find me, my house remains untouched, and I am gone, baby!
13. Guilty pleasure? Chocolate. Always!
Saffron Nights, Book 3Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Love brought Jennifer D'Amico to Scotland, but it's honey that makes her stay. Her honey farm is all the beautiful widow has left of her brief marriage. All she needs is a master beekeeper to get the flailing business back on track. What she gets is Grayson McGhilly, a boldly sexy stranger who knows his honey--almost as well as he knows how to bring Jennifer to the brink of passion. . ..
From the moment Gray lays eyes on Jennifer, he's hooked, mind and body. But his mission isn't just to savor every succulent inch of her, but to keep her from harm. For Gray isn't just a beekeeper, but an undercover agent investigating criminal activity at her farm. And now he'll do just about anything to keep the sweet and oh-so-satisfying Jennifer safe in his arms. . ..
Liz Everly writes, plays, and cooks in a tiny house with a big garden. She writes under a pen name to escape expectations and to embrace all possibilities.
Wednesday, April 09, 2014
This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Trish will be awarding a $20 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour. Remember, the more you comment, the better your chances to win.
Or is it?
Mitch Bannister's ex is about to marry his best friend, and he could really do with a cold beer and a hot woman. But the cowgirl he takes a shine to at Bella's is surprisingly skittish, and in the end he leaves without hooking up.
Later, when Mitch spies the cowgirl in the local pub begging for a job, he shrinks into the shadows--he's not looking for complications, and something tells him that Scarlett Buck is a whole handful of them. But soon it's clear she's not just trouble, she's in trouble, and like it or not, he's not about to turn his back on this stray from the States. Especially if she can do him a favor in return. After all, it's just a helping hand.
Or is it?
Now enjoy an excerpt:
“You look amazing,” he said, and it wasn’t his words that warmed her through and through, it was the husky quality to his Aussie drawl and the raw heat in his eyes. If she’d had any qualms that he was dressing her to make his ex feel bad, they were banished before they could take root. He was dressing her for him.
She’d never thought blue was a warm color, not until now, not until she’d felt this slow, warm glide of his eyes over her form leaving a smoking trail of heat.
So sex wasn’t part of this deal?
Didn’t mean it wasn’t going to happen.
Shoes and accessories were next. He took his time, not rushing and not checking out the sale items like she was, but going for top shelf every time.
She wondered whether he was as attentive a lover as he was a shopper.
And then she remembered that first encounter in Bella’s, and the hot stroke of his tongue against her breast.
A qualified Chartered Accountant by trade, Trish was employed as financial manager at a major business school prior to her first sale.
Trish lives with her husband, 4 daughters and assorted menagerie in the beautiful Adelaide Hills.
Website: Facebook: Twitter: Amazon author page: BN Author Page: Tule Publishing page:
Tuesday, April 08, 2014
I do love leggy covers, and thought the kitchen would be a great idea. But this one is so much more 'me', don't you think?
Monday, April 07, 2014
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Corazones Literarios (review)
Pembroke Sinclair (interview)
Imagine a World (review)
I spend hours just daydreaming about my characters, usually while the babes run screaming around a playground. I can ‘work’ and keep both eyes on them. Not to shabby. Lauren grew in my mind, her backstory blossoming, but it wasn’t until I read an article about biotechnology investing that Cameron started to sprout. Cameron was intense, walled off, but he left a door open through his music, and a music in his responsible approach to being a venture capitalist.
With a to-die-for menu mapped out, I set them onto the page. They sparked from their first meeting. With the backdrop of the holiday season and a few naughty treats, Lauren and Cameron blended together beautifully. I had a grand time waltzing them through mouth-watering dinners, stylish restaurants, and tantalizing deserts. For me, the book came together fluidly, the characters leading the way to a delicious finale.