Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday 13 -- Spring Cleaning

I haven't truly cleaned mu house since the sciatica started when I was pregnant with PrincessGirl...it gets tidied, but cleaned? Not by my standards. Which makes spring cleaning all the more important, even if it's not all together likely I'll actually get it done. So here's what's on my spring cleaning list ::



  1. Flip the mattress
  2. Wash pillows
  3. Organize cupboards
  4. Clean out refrigerator
  5. Exchange linens - put the flannel sheets and quilts on the high shelf ;)
  6. Change thermostat, smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries
  7. Open the windows - as soon as it gets barely warm enough
  8. Vaccuum the ducts and vents
  9. Clean the carpets
  10. Wash the outside windows
  11. Take plants outside and spray them down to remove dust
  12. Air out rugs, or get them cleaned
  13. Box up the winter clothes
    Bonus -- plant annuals. Violas and pansies are my favorites, but this year I might try something new

10 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

*runs away screaming*

Heather said...

I wish I could put the turtlenecks away already, but probably not for another month. I have cracked the windows open a bit on some of the milder days, though. Love that fresh air!

Anonymous said...

When you finish, could you please come do all of that at my house? LOL Happy Thursday! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I'm not ready to give up my flannel sheets yet. I love them. That and it snowed yesterday.

Ms Menozzi said...

Aw, geez... I'm right behind Jennifer. Or, I would be, if my own sciatica wouldn't keep me from running away. LOL!

Good luck! You're waaaay more ambitious than I am! ;)

Ciao!
Happy TT!

Paige Tyler said...

Eeeek! That's a lot of stuff! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, please, I don't even want to think about spring cleaning. I haven't finished with my winter to-do list. lol

Lauren Murphy said...

OMG you mean you like to clean? The Man wishes. I'll do anything to avoid cleaning!

Lucy Woodhull said...

Oh, wow. You are amazing! Just this week I posted about Spring cleaning, but my list had a lot more cocktails on it! I think you win.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me. I've got a number of things around the house I need to do...and I'm trying my hardest to put them off. :-)