Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday 13 -- Read More


So I picked up Dream It. List It. Do It!: How to Live a Bigger & Bolder Life, from the Life List Experts at 43Things.com One chapter is deemed - read more. A general life to-do, so they broke it down to a dozen pages of specifics. Here's the Read More section of my life list ::



  1. read every book I own

  2. read to my kids every day (now that I have 3, this is getting easier...there's usually one wanting a story)

  3. listen to more audiobooks

  4. buy an ebook reader

  5. host a book swap

  6. read a book a week for a year (I read lots, but in binges)

  7. write a note to the authors of books that move me

  8. pass on books to others, even if I can't bear to part with my own copy

  9. finish reading the dozen of books I started and then got too busy to finish

  10. read all the books written by authors I know

  11. read more mysteries

  12. read everything by Dr Seuss (I'm real close to this one)

  13. read more short stories (hence 100 shots of short)

8 comments:

Rachael Johns said...

Sounds like a good plan! What e-reader are you planning on buying?

Ms Menozzi said...

Whoa! Me, I settle for just flat-out reading anything I can get my hands on! LOL!

Great list, though. You are soooo much more organized than I am!

Ciao!
Happy TT!

Unknown said...

You're going to be a busy girl! Enjoy. Happy T13!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Oooo I want to buy an ereader too!!!
Great list, Jenna!

Anonymous said...

Nos. 1 and 10 would be on my list. So many books, so little time. :)

Nicole Maki said...

If I read all the books I own I'd be SO smart... LOL but instead I buy new page turners about vampires.

Still, I'm working through my collection. This economy makes it easier to use what I have.

What e-reader are you considering?

cbabb said...

Hi I love your blog and wondered if you would mind doing a link exchange with me. I have a blog somewhat related called http://shopclosetorganizers.com please let me know if you might be interested. thanks
clayton

Heather said...

I am slowly (very slowly) trying to work my way through my TBR pile. The only problem is that I keep adding two for every one I read! *g*