Thursday, November 29, 2007

What is WITH email Thursday 13


Why do companies spam? Really. Do they thing these subjects will garner interest?

  1. dealing with HOT FLASHES‏

  2. I crave your indulgence‏

  3. E-MAIL ADRESS LUCKY WINNER (great spelling)

  4. CONGRATULATION !!!‏ (just the one?)

  5. Christmas Newsletter‏ (I'm not fond of these from people I know...)

  6. Need gift ideas? We've got plenty.‏ (braggart)

  7. The Winter Forecast Looks Delicious‏ (yes, but will it snow?)

  8. BAD HAIR DAY MYSTERIES‏ (OK...so this was author promo and turned out to be OK...still!)

  9. Get the benefits of a face lift without the plastic surgery‏ (what are you saying?)

  10. LYSOL® Cold and Flu Guide‏ (too late. I already have the plague)

  11. Interested in you‏

  12. Don't Give it All Back while Away‏ (hmmm...what?)

  13. Important : Security Alert On Your Paypal Account (does anyone actually fall for these)

2 comments:

Darla said...

My favorite are the ones offering to enlarge... um... parts that I don't have. *rolling my eyes*

Even odder, though, are the ones that are just a bunch of random words--no links, no attachments--what's the point?

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Have you seen the one that says, "I'm so stupid, even my friends call me dummy"??

I don't get why I'd EVER open that one. Do you?