Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday 13 - Back in the Saddle


Thirteen Things that can make you happy when things go wrong...


1…. Chocolate! No list is complete without chocolate.
2…. Romance novels. Really, they do give us hope that everything will work out eventually, don't they?
3…. Falling Leaves. I am an autumn junkie. If it weren't so cold, I'd be watching leaves fall right now.
4…. Laughter. Thank goodness for the stand-ups on Comedy Central. And my Greg Behrendt CD.
5…. Friends. Especially the ones good at distracting you rather than asking how you are doing.
6…. Pineapple. So it may be odd, but it does make me happy. Looking at them, eating them...
7…. Library book sales. Supports my habit without giving Hubba a coronary.
8…. Nail polish. Somehow, when my nails look good, I do feel a bit better.
9…. Pedicures. A foot rub can do wonders for the sole. HA! I couldn't resist the pun.
10…. Photos. After all the losses I've had these last few months, seeing my loved ones smiling in pictures warms me.
11…. Statistics. Just don't ask. As long as they are in my favor, life is good.
12…. Reality TV. Not the dating shows. Those can be disturbing. But shows that show reality - like Little People, Big World, Kids by the Dozen, John & Kate Plus 8 (OK, not my reality, but fun)
13…. Sleep. It's all I want to do anymore. Too bad I am too busy to get my fill.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!









http://thursdaythirteen.com/wp-content/uploads/luaugirl.jpg

12 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I'm with you on the sleep!!! And Romance novels.

Shelley Munro said...

I agree with just about all of these except reality shows. They drive me nuts. And I have to ask - statistics????

http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog

Jennifer Shirk said...

I totally agree with you on everything--except the pineapple. LOL!
But it did make me laugh.

Unknown said...

Firstly, congrats on selling your NaNoWriMo Novel! Great list, Jennifer. I love that show, little people, big world. It's a show I can watch with my kids. That and watching Kid Nation is our time together I've come to love.
Happy T13!

Tempest Knight said...

Yep, #1 and #2 are definitely great mood pick-ups, especially when done together. :D

Anonymous said...

Romance novels? You know it!

TJ Brown said...

Have you tried pineapple dipped in warm chocolate... it is amazing!
Teri

Savannah Chase said...

those are all good things, i have no tv so thats off the list....

Heather said...

Chocolate, books, sleep...you just can't go wrong with these!

Paisley Scott said...

I agree on everything! And I'm a total Autumn junkie too! Nothing like the crisp air and the falling leaves. Love it love it. And loved your T13!
(Congrats, too on selling your NaNo story!)
~hugs,
Paisley

Kate Willoughby said...

Great list! Kids' laughter especially can bring me out of a funk. When they're hysterical...? You can't help but laugh with them.

http://katewilloughby.blogspot.com/

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yes to the library book sales. Do you hit up the bag sales, or are you like me and you can't restrain yourself?