Sunday, November 18, 2007

Owning It

I'm just going to put it out there. I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this year.

I know, I always say no excuses. But life kicked me hard, twice, and I was already down, and what I am writing is morbid and depressing. I don't care to read it. I won't subject anyone else to it.

Two weeks from Tuesday I should be better. I should be back to feeling like myself. And then I will write something someone may care to read.

I wish life had cooporated with NaNo, believe me. I'd love to be writing about beaches and sly glances and cake. I'd love to be able to hold those thoughts in my mind for more than ten seconds. I miss them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know where to find me if you need to talk or vent. Hope everything is ok. Take care.

Karen Erickson said...

Yeah I hope you're okay Jenna! Don't beat yourself up over Nano. Hugs.

Robyn Grady said...

((((Jenna)))) There are times in everyone's life where they just need a great big break. Rest up, let the writing go for a couple of weeks. Give yourself permission and don't feel a moment's guilt. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Robbie x
PS Buy some vitamen B and iron.
They help, promise.
PSS The heroine I'm writing now is 'Jenna'. =)

Rachael Blair said...

Hi Jenna

I've been popping into your blog for a while... and just wanted to say, hope things get better soon. You are one of my favourite Mod X authors and I can't wait to read more.

In fact when I heard that you've sold your NaNo writing story, you inspired me to give it ago and this year is my first NaNo! It is very full on...

Thanks again for writing fantastic fiction!
RACH!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Um, hello! Pregnant. Built in excuse. Totally.

Anonymous said...

If you need another shoulder--or another trip through a scary parking lot behind a dumpster--you just let me know.