Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thursday 13...Thirteen Websites I check too often...

Thirteen Websites I check too often...


1…. The Pink Heart Society - I have to see who is up!
2…. Romance Divas - I must check in and find out the latest.
3…. eHarlequin - Can't go too long withouty stopping by. Just yesterday Kira sold to Blaze. The sale was all the better because she was a finalist in the 1st chapter contest there and a forum regular so we all knew how hard she'd worked on revisions.
4…. Hotmail - even though I have that thing that pops up, I still check it. Weird, I know.
5…. Wild Rose Press - Because I am weird. They update best sellers weekly and I am never on the list but I check constantly just in case.
6…. Starfall - Anyone with kids learning to read should check this out. My babes love it. When they catch me working we slide over there for a bit.
7…. Yahoo Groups - I have most of my Yahoo groups set up so I only view them online. I mean, there are so many yahoo groups these days, you can do nothing all day but read yahoo and still get nothing done.
8…. Pageflakes - this is a blog cheat sheet. I think it checks the titles of about two dozen blog posts and I can click on the ones that are new and skip the people who haven't updated. Big time saver
9…. Jenna Bayley-Burke Narcisitic? Not really. A couple of times it has up and disappeared on me and I like to make sure it still exists.
10…. We Call It Research...and all the other challenge blogs on eHQ. I love to know what people are reading.
11…. Absolute Write Romance Room - Another Romance community, very friendly.
12…. StatCounter - A service that tells me people can type in "romantic short poems to melt her" and find my site. Odd.
13…. Tarot - Great way to waste time. I can find out my horoscope, and that of my family, characters...whatever...

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Babe King
2. Gina Ardito
3. Darla
4. Bernadette Gardner and Jennifer Colgan
5. Jennifer Shirk
6. Jennifer McK
7. Sara Thacker
8. Tempest Knight
9. Emma
10. Rhonda Stapleton
11. Debbie Mumford
12. Crystal Jordan
13. Lori
14. Ann(ie)
15. Samantha
16. Robin L. Rotham
17. R.G. ALEXANDER
18. Elizabeth Parker
19. Emma Wayne Porter
20. angeleque
21. Susan Helene Gottfried
22. Christine
23. Michelle M Pillow
24. Raven Paranormal Blog
25. April
26. Alyssa Goodnight
27. Heather
28. Rene Lyons
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



30 comments:

Babe King said...

Only one there that I visit a lot is RD. Too much. :-)

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I haunt 2, 11, and 12. Stat counter's a lot of fun. I love checking countries and key words!

Darla said...

Oh, boy, just what I need--more links to check out. :)

I think my credit card would be happier if I spent less time checking out Amazon & B&N.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Yep, RD would be first on my list too. LOL.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

RD and AMazon. At least it's not Ebay anymore.
Oh and I HAUNT blogs. Love my blogs. LOL.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hmmm. I'm going to have to check out Pageflakes. Thanks a lot!

Emma Petersen said...

I love Romance Divas. And I' know I spend at least 3 hours a day there! Great list! I may have to check out some of these other links. Happy TT!

Sara Thacker said...

I spend too much time playing on the internet too. Like now. I really should be writing.

Tempest Knight said...

Oh yeah... Romance Divas is the place to be. Heh! My favorite tarot place is Llewellyn.com. :)

Rhonda Helms said...

ROFL--I feel your pain. I visit a lot of those, too!!!

Debbie Mumford said...

Yep ... I visit too many sites as well ... but RD is an addiction!

http://debbie-mumford.blogspot.com/

Crystal Jordan said...

Yay for RD!

Lori said...

Hmmmmmm, I'll have to check them out.

Ann Aguirre said...

Great list of resources! thanks for compiling.

Unknown said...

Oooh, fun list! I'm always looking for new sites to avoid writing! LMAO

I'm sooooo bad!

http://samsquietspot.blogspot.com

Robin L. Rotham said...

Yup, I'm at RD waaaaayyy too much, even if I'm just lurking. Don't want to miss anything important. :D

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

RD and Tarot-same here. And my blog, and other people's blogs, and My space, and my email-I check my email a million times LOL

Elizabeth Parker said...

I check Romance Divas every day. Lots going on there. I still belong to RWA, but I'll tell ya, Romance Divas seems more like home!

Emma Wayne Porter said...

Oh dear God. I used to spend entire days at eHarlequin. I remember way back when they had just the collapsable links for topics.

Ah, the memories.

angeleque said...

Definitely guilty of going to a few of those sites more than once a day.

Eharl and RD the most though.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Okay, I have to confess, I've registered at Romance Divas and, like Absolute Write, just don't visit as often as I should. Both are neat places.

Happy TT, Jenna! I'll have to bookmark you and come back more often; always nice to connect with fellow writers who blog.

Unknown said...

I'm just learning to find my way around Romance Diva's, but it's a fantastic group! I'll have to check some of these other ones out.

Thanks for stopping by my TT today!

Anonymous said...

Kewl! New sites to check out!!

Michelle
http://michellepillow.com/authorblog/

Anonymous said...

Great list! :)

April said...

LOL! My website has up and disappeared on me too. How does that happen!?!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

My website has disappeared on occasion too--gotta stay on your toes, right?

Happy T13!
Alyssa
www.alyssagoodnight.blogspot.com

Heather said...

The only one I frequent is RD - but there are a lot of other sites I hit regularly. Thank the heavens for Google reader!

Anonymous said...

I check Active Meter like a fiend. lol

Stephanie said...

Hi Jenna:

I enjoyed the list of sites, and was glad to see that Pageflakes is among them. I added your blog to our gallery of RSS feeds. It can be viewed under the link: http://www.pageflakes.com/Community/Content/Feeds.aspx?moduleKey=339553

I thought you may also be interested in adding an RSS feed shortcut for Pageflakes to your page, making it even easier for users to add your blog to their pages. The link to our RSS button setup is: http://www.pageflakes.com/Pages/webmaster.aspx. If you were to add us, that would be great.

Thanks for the support!

P. Robinson said...

Thanks for the Starfall site link- I absolutely love it!