Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Countdown to Nationals...

I wish I were ready. Really. But instead I am pondering wearing the ugly wrist brace for sympathy (while praying my doctor' appointment on Thursday means I get to chuck it). I should at least wear it for the flight, right? I mean, I used to be rather cute, so I never had to do the whole getting my own bags thing and such, but now that I am a person and a half, well, I am not as cute as I could be.

So...I am panicked about getting from the airport to the hotel...and from the hotel to my room...I bet I go all agoraphobic on the first night.

And I've been reading agent blogs about pitching...and they like more of a conversational style...which is fine if I have a drink beforehand to calm the nerves...but not if I smell like a distillery. Worked for Hemmingway, not for cushiony curly girls trying to sell funny sexy books, I don't think. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Aw Jenna you're going to be fine. Really. What day do you get in? We'll have to meet up for sure.

And yes I'm nervous about pitching too. Eeeeeeeeek.....

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

It'll be fine, Jenna. Just walk in there like you own the place and pretend YOU are the one in charge.

In a sense, you are. What would agents/editors be without authors?

Unemployed.

You'll be fine.