Saturday, June 09, 2007

Getting Reaquainted With my Muse...

I used to be a writer...really. Lately I am a reader why spends too much time on the internet doing 'research'. When I broke 'the wrist' I got out of my writing habit and seemed to develop a tic for putting things in quotations marks for 'emphasis'. Ugh.

All I need is a good ephiphany. Unfortunately they don't sell them at the Piggly Wiggly. Nor do they have Piggly Wiggly in Oregon. All I am left with is the old fashioned slogging through until the writing feels like a habit again, which results in some truly mediocre writing, hence I am unwilling to touch any of the books I actually want to write because mediocre won't cut it for George Gets Married or Roving Redhead Gets Coffee.

Must be time to revisit one of those never finished books languishing at chapter four...likely for a darn good reason...but hopefully there is enough to them to get me back ina groove!

1 comment:

Karen Erickson said...

Aw you know I'm feelin' you, Jenna. And I don't have a broken wrist to excuse myself. I cleaned the house today - all day long. I think that was part of my problem - the messy house was making me anxious. I feel better, though now I'm exhausted. LOL

And hey we wanna be the Spice Girls! We joked about that so go ahead keep thinking about them. ;)