Friday, June 29, 2007

Janet Evanovich rules

I started reading How I Write last night. Must say, so far, I am loving it. I'll love it even more if it helps. Great tidbits in there like ::
  • "writing stuff that sucks is part of the learning process" - I am a big believer in shitty first drafts
  • "never hold anything back for the next book" - I struggle with this. I am in a stop & start mode, which has more than one book going at once, and you know what? I am not the best at it. Some are. Not my best event. In fact, I don't think I am going to do it for the rest of the year.

2 comments:

Julie S said...

I've been really wanting to pick up this book. I am also a believer in shitty first drafts...but lately I've been wondering if there's such a thing as too shitty... :-)

April said...

Sounds like a great book! My first drafts definately suck! Holding back can be automatic. Gotta remember not to do that. Hope it helps!