Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday 13 :: Kimberly Lang

 
I'm back with another edition of Thursday 13 with lightning interviews of my authorly peeps. Enjoy yourself :)




1.Latest release?
In February I help launch the new KISS line with The Downfall of a Good Girl and follow it immediately in March with a second book, The Taming of a Wild Child. My LaBlanc Sisters duet is set in New Orleans and was so much fun to write. These books even have an original soundtrack provided by singer/songwriter Cristina Lynn. (Details on that collaboration and the music are on my website, www.BooksByKimberly.com)

2.In the hottest scene...kisses or condoms?
I don’t always specifically include condoms, especially if doing so would break the rhythm and flow of the scene. I rather assume my readers are all adults who understand the importance of safe sex and birth control, and since my characters are also adults with good sense, readers can just assume they are taking all the necessary precautions.

But kisses… I love a good kiss scene. ~sigh~ They’re so difficult for me to write because I want them to be perfect. These characters only get one First Kiss and I want it to be memorable!

3.What are you working on?
*Looks at inbox* Hmm, seems I have two sets of revisions waiting patiently for me to get to them. The first is for my contribution to KISS’s first continuity series, a fun project I’m working on with Aimee Carson, Amy Andrews and Heidi Rice. It will be out later this year. The other is for the novella I wrote as part of the When Honey Got Married… anthology with Anna Cleary, Kelly Hunter and Ally Blake for Entangled Publishing. That’s due out later this spring. And I’m writing up proposals for new books for 2014 and beyond. Hmmm… I guess I should really get to work!

4.What have you Googled for research?
The last book-related Google search was to find out how good/bad cell phone reception was in the state park near Montauk, NY. Turns out, it’s pretty darn good and I had to change a plot point because of it!

5.What do you drink when writing?
Hot tea and Diet Coke. I usually have both on the desk at the same time and alternate between the two. (And I drink lots of both. My teapot holds over a quart at a time and I should really own stock in Diet Coke.)

6.Do you have a writing uniform?
Whatever is comfortable and clean (and in the winter, warm). I do have to wear a bra, though. I think better wearing one. (I don’t know why. It’s not like I’m particularly endowed or anything.)

7.Where do you write?
Either in my office, which is at the front of the house and gets lots of sunshine, or in the recliner in the living room on my laptop. There’s no pattern or reason, though, just wherever I feel like it that day.

8.What was the last thing you read?
Instant Gratification by Jill Shalvis. Very fun.

9.Paper, audio, or ebook?
E or paper. I don’t have a preference. Books I buy are usually e, but books I’m given are usually paper.

10.Favorite book in the last few months?
Mira Lyn Kelly’s Waking Up Married. Such a fun way to launch the KISS line! [Jenna here - Mira's book is FREE right now. Download it and enjoy ;)]

11.Favorite social network?
Facebook. I am on Twitter and try to keep up, but I feel like I’m lost in the middle of seven conversations. I find it hard to jump between them. Facebook, though, is fun and I can keep up with it.

12.Secret super power?
The ability to consume ridiculous amounts of caffeine and still sleep like a log.

13.Guilty pleasure?
I don’t believe in feeling guilty over things that bring me pleasure. Chocolate, pedicures, whatever. I refuse to feel guilty about enjoying them!

www.BooksByKimberly.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kimberly.lang.520
Twitter: @booksbykimberly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great interview, Jenna. I don't like using condoms in scenes either, and I won't unless my editor is adamant about it. I agree that it breaks the flow of the scene to include it. Happy Thursday to you both!

Anonymous said...

I'm so nosy -- I love reading about other writers' habits. Thank you for sharing!

Heather Fowler

Kimberly Menozzi said...

I love your "superpower" - I wouldn't mind having that one myself!