Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday 13 :: Joy Daniels


I'm back with another edition of Thursday 13 with lightning interviews of my authorly peeps. Enjoy yourself :)
 
1. Latest release?  "Revving Her Up" (Samhain Publishing), my debut novella about a New York lawyer who gets more than her car fixed when she runs into a stock car mechanic in a small town in Virginia.
 
On February 12, a short story called "Lights Out" for the Riverdale Avenue Books' "We Love New York" anthology to raise money for Hurricane Sandy relief.

 
2. In the hottest scene...kisses or condoms?  Condoms for sure - my sex scenes are steamy but safe. :-)

3. What are you working on?   An MMF menage called Nashville Threesome - my first novel-length work and my first menage story. Sexy, fun and very hot.

4. What have you Googled for researchFor Revving Her Up I learned all about stock cars and drivers by spending A LOT of tie on the NASCAR.com site. For Nashville Threesome I've Googled famous Nashville bars, the country music industry, types of guitars and classic Harleys.

5. What do you drink when writing?   Herbal tea - often rooibos with steamed almond or coconut milk.
 
6. Do you have a writing uniform?  Yoga pants, long-sleeved shirt and T-shirt or sweater. If it's really chilly I'll wear a T-shirt dress so my legs are warm too. But always comfy yoga pants.

7. Where do you write?  I had a separate office but it was too cluttered and small. I've since moved into the upstairs office/library where my husband also has a desk and I'm much happier.

8. What was the last thing you read?  Fiction: Darkest Mercy, the final book in Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series. (GREAT!)  Non-fiction: The Wild Life of Our Bodies by Rob Dunn

9. Paper, audio, or ebook?   Paper because I get most of my reading material from the library and used bookstores. I am getting more into e-books for the convenience - love having so much reading material at my fingertips!

10. Favorite book in the last few months?  Impossible to say. I'm a huge fantasy/ urban fantasy fan. Recent loves include: Iced (Karen Marie Moning), the Farseer trilogy (Robin Hobb), and the latest books in series by Jenna Black, Laura Resnick, Christina Henry, and Diana Rowland.

11. Favorite social network?  Facebook - it feels like real socializing, it's a fun way to keep up with people's lives and I love posting pics.

12. Secret super power?  I can grow veggies throughout the winter in my Maryland garden and turn almost any grown thing into yummy pickles/kimchi in a week :-)

13. Guilty pleasure?  Staying up late on a Saturday night to finish a book even thought I KNOW I'll be exhausted when the kids wake me the next morning.
 
Joy Daniels, Author
Erotic Romance that is Smart, Sexy & Down-to-Earth

Twitter: @authorjdaniels

3 comments:

Jennifer Leeland said...

Awesome interview as always!!!!

Shelley Munro said...

Great interview. It sounds as if I need to invest in some yoga pants. I love comfort.

Anonymous said...

Great interview! Happy Thursday!