Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Resolution Tour 2012 : The Wrap Up

Thanks to all who stopped by, bloggers and commenters, to share their support and best ideas for my resolution to eat healthier. And thanks to all those that let me try my hand at advice giving on their blogs.

Knowing people were taking the time to help me out has kept my diet honest and clean - except for the salted caramel brownie at my mother-in-law's. But, hey, salted caramel brownie. Anyone would go there.

Right now the kiddos are still having snacks I'd had in the house before we made the turn to healthy. I'm hoping that as I make better choices, and the crackers run out, they'll make better choices too.

Variety seems to be the key around here. Boxes of mandarins, bags of pears, and whole pineapples are not safe. We went through three cantaloupes last week. Hmmm, maybe fruit is endangered in our kitchen. I'm trying to get them to like spaghetti squash, and that is not happening. Even when I let them drench it in butter, thereby negating all health benefits.

Baby steps.

4 comments:

Jamie Brazil said...

That's great that you're being more aware daily. Keep at it. You have all of us rooting for you this year and beyond!

Anonymous said...

You have already implemented a key to healthy eating. That is only having healthy foods in the house. I find I need to have lots of quick, easy snack items to keep on a diet. I'm a grab and go person, or grab and eat at the desk person. (Yes, I know you are supposed to pay attention to every bite but hey we can't do it all right.)

I KNOW you can do this, Jenna. Both you and your entire family will be better for it. And if the occasional salted caramel brownie jumps in your mouth without thought, it won't kill you. We all need an indulgence now and then.

I'm looking forward to the consistently healthy you in 2013. Keep at it!

Jessa Slade said...

Spaghetti squash is not a baby step. Sweet potatoes & yams (with some butter) is a good baby step.

Salted caramel brownies are for experts only ;)

Unknown said...

I sure like your posts, Jenna. You have a great sense of humor and I think you are a good example of what to do right when dieting or eating healthy. Don't worry about your kids, I don't like spaghetti squash either. But fruit and veggies are great.