Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gluttony

I'm a glutton. No question. Not with food right now, well, except strawberries. But my friend Gemma Halliday has assured me strawberries never made anyone fat.

I'm glutton for rejection. I'd love a string of acceptances...and that is why I submit like mad! This week I've been revising a novel and submitting short stories. I have 13 shorts and 6 poems out there for the rejecting. Plus two novels at 3 different publishers...and I am about to send off a third, to another publisher. So...that is at least 23 possible rejections.

BUT...I could also sell 23 times. Every time I submit, I think it will stick. Odd. Hasn't been my experience, but the gambler in me keeps me at it.

3 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Wow, even if you sold HALF of those submissions, that would be SOOOO cool. I wish I wrote as fast and as much as you. You're out of control. But in a good way. :)

Good luck on all of those subs!

Unknown said...

I read this book I barely remember, called SOME WRITERS DESERVE TO STARVE. What I took away is that there is a home for most everything you write, and that writers who give up at the first hurdle never finish the race. So...I keep racing. I retire a piece at 8 rejections. Why 8? Seriously...dunno.

I should do a mid-year rejection/acceptance total. To put that all in perspective.

Nonny Blackthorne said...

Strawberries are good. Fruit in general is both low-calorie, low-carb, and low-GI. There are some that aren't (usually tropical fruits like papaya and mango), but if you're going to splurge on something, better a bowl of strawberries and cream dusted with a bit of sugar than a slice of chocolate cake. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the submissions!