Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My goal in life is to be interesting to talk to at parties

I've always been horrid at tag. Anything physical really. I might break a nail or get sweaty, and I am much better dewy and glowing than sweaty. But, MG wants to play tag, demanding to know 5 interesting things about me as touchpoints for research later on. Hmmm. Let's see what I can come up with...
  1. I was a retail management genius. No seriously, I was darned good at keeping department stores in line, so much so that I still like to shop early in the morning so I can see the new freight roll out.
  2. I've been a pimp. That's what temporary staffing feels like. Even when you do it right.
  3. My girlfriends call me at all hours with their nursing dilemmas. I am a wealth of nursing knowledge.
  4. My 5 year old can play chess. OK. So this is not interesting about me, but I am quite proud of this. I am not so proud that I have yet to beat him at backgammon.
  5. I got married at 18, and I wasn't pregnant. Still married, as a matter of fact. That he is cute as can be does help, as does the fact that he does dishes and bathes the boys every night! Choosing who to marry is another skill I have...but like the nursing thing, I know longer have any use for it.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

A wealth of nursing knowledge?! Well shoot, you should have told me that before. So listen, I have a question then....If I've started #3 on solids how much am I to keep nursing him? I can't remember (too tired from doing revise and resubmits -woohoo) so I've kind of just been nursing him whenever he seems like he needs it but I'm not sure if it's too much or too little. You can email me if you like. See, now you wish you hadn't shared that!! LOL

Unknown said...

Whenever he wants it :) You're on the right track. You can also start handing him a sippy of water (the ones with handles). It will make weaning easier. However, don't overdo it with the water. One small sippy a day at most.

Michelle said...

Thanks Jenna!

Danielle Marie Peck said...

I too got married at 18- wasn't pregnant either- and 14 years later am still married to the same guy. Our kids are too old for us to bathe, our youngest is 9 and the oldest- my stepdaughter- is 15 so they do their bathing on their own, but he does do dishes, wields a mean vacuum and is very cute.

Thanks for sharing, it's so nice to hear other success stories of people who married young.

Debbie Mumford said...

Well, you beat me by two years on the marriage ... I fell for him at seventeen, but we were 20 when we married! And 32 years later, we're still together. (Okay ... so I have a few years on you ladies *lol*)