Sunday, December 30, 2007

What Does A Year Add Up To :: 2007

I did this last year, so wanted to see if I'd changed any...

In terms of books read?
159 books -- up 19 from last year, and more romance. Good improvement I think!

In terms of novel submissions?
37 subs, 24 rejections, 3 sales, 6 contests, 4 pending -- 5 fewer submissions, 4 fewer rejections, 2 more sales...2007 was good for me and small press, but I spent the year in revision purgatory, so here's to leaving that in the past! I want to write something new!

In terms of short story subs?
27 subs, 17 rejections, 2 pending, 5 contracted, 2 published on websites, 1 pending -- half the subs of last year with half the rejections.

Last year's goal :: I'm hoping I contract at least 2 novels next year...and 5 more short stories. -- I think I did pretty good on that front!

I am so glad I get to clear the books for next year :) This hadn't felt like a good writing year until I put it in perspective. Next year I hope I can keep up my pace, contracting 3 novels...and 5 more short stories!

1 comment:

Ray-Anne said...

I am in awe of that level of output and submissions!
And now feel totally inadequate and a lazy slug... sigh.
LOL Ray-Anne