Saturday, January 20, 2007

How do I set a laser printer to stun?

You know...I just can't afford this. Truly. My writing obesession hasn't broke even yet...but will as soon as I sell the next book to M&B. I am this close to moving from hobby writer using her grocery money to actual writer paying for her own stamps. And what happens? The danged printer decides it no longer wants to feed paper a page at a time. Joy. The printer that I bought because printing the full of Just One Spark melted the old one. THAT printer. I only just paid Hubba Bubba back for it.

Now...Sweat It Out has a very optimistic heroine (she has to be, I burned down her house and drained her bank account before the book even started) and she would say that the printer going wonky is a sign that things will go right with M&B for the Cinderella book. I emailed that in, so my printing capabilities have no bearing on my work there. Here's hoping Pepper knows what she's talking about! The heroine in Drive Me Crazy would shake her head, say "Your screwed" and offer an old printer hanging out in her garage. These are the people with whom I'm hanging out. Here's hoping getting to know one of them results in some cash flow! I need to support my book buying habit!

5 comments:

Jodie said...

LOL! I know what you mean about something popping up just when you've hit Ease St.

Hope the printer just had a glitch or something

Nell Dixon said...

Is it worth checking out freecycle or Craigslist?

Laura Rose said...

It's always the way, isn't it? If my printer ever gave up the ghost, I think I'd cry myself into oblivion. The thing is priceless and the photo quality is beyond words. Of course, now that I've said that, I've jinxed it haven't I?

TJ Brown said...

sheese Sorry about the printer. My most frustrating computer moments have included a printer.
Teri

Karen Erickson said...

Oh what a drag. Hate it when that happens. Hope you get it to work, or at least find a cheap one to replace it...