Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Whatcha workin' on?

I know the world is still in summer vacay mde (it can't be just me), so not alot is actually getting done. Except planning. Some of you may even be game for the 3-Day novel challeneg and plan to draft a book over the 3-day weekend. I'm going to try that, someday. Once the Labor Day weekend is past us...what are your plans for the fall?

September
  • Finish the draft of The Cinderella Complex, the secret book I'm writing while waiting to hear back from my editor.
  • Get the balls to ask my editor which synopsis & syno style she liked. I sent 4 stories, 4 different styles.
October
  • I'm attending my first writing conference in Seattle!
  • Draft whatever story the editor liked best
  • Set up question rooms at eHarlequin & Romance Divas for NaNoWriMo.
  • Come up with an idea for NaNo...or borrow one of the 4 ideas from my editor
  • Enter the HQ American 1st chapter contest.
  • Enter Hook, Line & Sinker contest (1st 3 pages)
November
  • NaNoWriMo!!
  • Enter Just One Spark & Cooking Up A Storm in RITA
  • Enter Gotcha! Contest

This looks like a lot - here's hoping I make a sale and can throw all this out the window!

5 comments:

Julie S said...

Wow, you're so organized! And busy!

I'm planning on doing NaNo too; it will be my first attempt. I have two ideas I'm torn between...but I also have to finsih my WIP in September. That's top priority!

Unknown said...

You'll do it. Fall is always a productive time for me.

April said...

How do you do it? This organization thing? How? I HAVE to know! I aspire to do that. One day. For now, my plan is to make it through tomorrow. We'll see how it goes ;-)

Unknown said...

BigBoy to his kindergarten teacher yesterday - "My Mom is not very organized."

So...it's all a front. When I can't seem to write, I 'plan' which makes me appear organized.

KATZ said...

Best of luck with everything!

I'm on a roll right now - feeling really inspired, writing almost 9000 words in the last week and a half...my goal is to stay on this trail and finish my draft in September.

Then (out of my control) final in a contest by the end of September, which would give me a completed ms with a contest final on same to present to Deidre Knight at an agent appointment on Oct! :)

Could be a good fall!