Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am a dirty girl, and not in the fun way...


How do you learn how to be a housekeeper? Not like Alice on the Brady Bunch, but keeping your floors clean. Both my parents lack the neatness gene, and my husband is the spawn of a neatnik, so he never learned how to clean because everything just was clean.

I'm a piler. I bought bookshelves to get stuff off the floor in my bedroom/office...and it's on the floor again because I don't want to clutter up the shelves. Duh - what?

And the dining room table...there is always a corner that is piled with mail, magazines, calendars, notes, coupons....you get the ugly, ugly picture.

If the lovely editor lets me write EVERYBODY LOVES RACHEL, I'm going to work this out a bit. Rachel is a slob, like me. She was raised in a world filled with boys and never learned how or when to clean grout. Not to mention why.

Writing is cathartic for me. JUST ONE SPARK helped me work out my retail angst. I had some left...FOR KICKS got the rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the thing with housework...just when you finish cleaning you have to start all over again {:0

April said...

My hubby is the son of neatniks too. But apparently he got the gene too. Which would be great, if he didn't expect me to have one (grumble grumble)...

Good luck with getting to write Everybody Loves Rachel

Julie S said...

LOL. I think my parents divorced because my mom's a slob and my dad is super neat. I try to be neat...but it doesn't come naturally.

I need to sell a bunch of books and hire a housekeeper.

Bebe said...

Retail angst? I'm living it. Hmmm. Maybe for my NaNo...