Friday, January 18, 2008

ENTITLED

Smart Bitches is talking book titles today, specifically category titles. They want to know why the Modern Extra books get a young and flirty title for the UK market and a classic Presents title in the US. Some of the authors have piped in with a 'we don't know'. Because we don't. But it does make me wonder. When my MX books hit the shelves here, what will they be called. The Firefighter's Reluctant Bride? The Mogul's Mistress? Egad, I hope not that one. Anyone who's read Cooking Up A Storm could just see my heroine cringing...and then dousing the naming fairies with avocado soup!

I just turned in two MX ideas to the new editor...with a UK and US title on the syno. Not sure which way they are going these days. Mr. Possibly is The Millionaire's Replacement Bride. Balancing Acts is His Perfect Valentine. You know, some category authors have given up on titles completely. They'll turn in January book, or Crete book, and let the naming fairies run with that.

Hmmm. Perhaps we ought to ask the M&B editors to come to the PHS and explain how titles happen. I just might ask...after my next sale :)

No comments: