Saturday, April 01, 2006

Wife For A Week


The fast pace and uncluttered story of Kelly Hunter's Wife For A Week grabs your attention and never lets go. This book stayed with me all day, so I could catch snippets while waiting in line or sneaking a moment to myself. It passed the ultimate test of any Harlequin romance for me - I finished it in one day because I couldn't put it down.

I fell in love with the endearing heroine as she tried to fight her overprotective brothers, growing feelings for the hero, and the Asian mafia. From London to Hong Kong, shoe boutiques to high end department stores to a shopping ceneter where you can get fried noodles and contract a murder in the same trip, this book never stops. Not a word is wasted, and I smiled throughout.

I loved traveling to London and Hong Kong, seeing the sights of the Chinese New Year, smelling the perfumes, tasting the food, hearing the burst of midnight fireworks, and feeling the fear of making mistakes as the hero and heroine danced around one another. I'm sorry it's over, but not too sorry. Kelly is hard at work on a follow-up starring the heroine's brooding big brother.

3 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

It was such a great book, huh?? I'm jealous cos you have your Mod X books, which gives me hope that mine are coming soon (aren't you in OR?).

I agree Kelly Hunter didn't waste a word in that book. Loved it! Julie's is good too...

Unknown said...

It took a while, but I got them, in perfect condition :) I can;t wiat for Julie's. I am so excited that Kelly's was so great. It's exactly what I loved about Temptation, but more modern and upbeat and fresh...and I'm gushing again.

Karen Erickson said...

I saw yours on the Mills & Boon website. Did it give you a little thrill to see it? I even got a thrill, "ooh there's Jenna's book!"
So exciting. :)