Monday, March 27, 2006

What The...

I finished COME FOR DINNER (applause) and started the editing.

I talk weird. I've noticed I don't use contractions for you are (you're) or I would (I'd). Very dangerous when you have a category word count. This book has a lot of 'I' when 'me' would be more natural.

Sometimes, I wonder if I should be writing when on pain meds at all. "Emboldened by the ardor of his intoxicating kiss, she dared to indulge her thirst for mouth-watering naughtiness." Come on now, that's just ridiculous. At least I am editing sober.

3 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

There's something about the term "motherwatering naughtiness" that I kinda like. It's fun. And yes, at least you edit sober. :) Congrats again!

Cynthia Justlin said...

Congrats on finishing!!! Good luck on the edits. :)

Jodie said...

Well, some people make really good pool players when drunk.... *g*

Congrats on finishing and good luck on the edits