Friday, March 31, 2006

Better Than Good Enough

My agent called to let me know he passed Breaking His Rules on to Avon. Just like that. An everyday occurence to him, no doubt. But a huge deal to me. Every submission is hard for me, I doubt constantly if I ran spell check enough or got the pages in the right order. Did I get the right envelope? This time all that anxiety alleviated.

What's better is his support of the story. Garnering an agents interest is hard, because they not only have to like your book, but beleive they can sell it. There's nothing in it for them if they don't. Writing is wrought with rejection which leads to self-doubt. Having a partner in the process is helpful on so many levels - experience, connections, market knowledge - but the psychological boost of knowing your story is better than just good enough is priceless.

No comments: