Saturday, March 07, 2009

Volunteering

Each week I exchange to-do lists with another writer. It keeps me honest, and usually makes me get more done to avoid embarassment. But this week...I have plenty of excuses as to why I didn't finish revising my partial, and they all have to do with volunteering.

I help out at the boys school once a week. This takes away my morning work time - when I usually catch up on internet stuff so I can write in the afternoon if Grace naps. If Grace doesn't nap - and she didn't this week - the entire day is gone, work-wise. Plus there was the fundraising auction at the boys school.

Then there's the non-kid related volunteering. My time with The Pink Heart Society, Romance Divas, and RCRW. Little snippets of time added up all week, and then Saturday was an all day RCRW board brainstorming session. And so...my revisions are not done.

I either need to get the baby to actually sleep, become more productive, or volunteer less...

No comments: