Monday, March 02, 2009

Celebrate Romance - Day 3

What a wonderful get-together this was. We had a presentation on dragons and the secret life of romance reviewers...but the best thing about the conference was the conversation. Everyone was lovely. I met a handful of local readers I didn't 'know', and a bunch of authors I 'knew' online.

Isabo Kelly and I bonded over our babies, and the new joy of trying to write with a baby who demands all of your time. Terry McLaughlin is just as warm and adorable in person as she is in her books. She told me how much she loves the Pink Heart Society, so of course I loved her to bits. Rosemary Laurey aka Madeleine Oh aka Georgia Evans was my favorite. She was hilarious. My favorite moment was when we were learning about dragons and she told us why she once had a dragon hero with golden wings. Fantastic tidbits can be learned in covert whispers...

I hope Celebrate Romance continues. The organizers are having to step back, so it needs new energy to keep it going. I know I'd love to go again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Just finished reading through your Celebrate Romance posts--it sounds like you had a fabulous time!