Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday 13 - Understand Myself


Following up last weeks Dream It. List It. Do It!: How to Live a Bigger & Bolder Life, from the Life List Experts at 43Things.com inspired list... I thought I'd start at their chapter 1 -- Understand Myself -- section of my life list. As I read this book I realize, we all have the same life list, the details are just a bit different ::


  1. figure out why I procrastinate

  2. trace my family tree (I started when I was on bed rest with BigBoy...never finished)

  3. remind myself each day that I matter

  4. find out why I'm so slack at keeping up with old friends

  5. spend 48 hours alone

  6. keep a dream journal

  7. take 365 days of pictures about my life

  8. do something that brings me joy every day

  9. select a theme song for my life

  10. have a psychic reading

  11. learn why I am so exhausted

  12. understand my kids

  13. accept the things I cannot change

3 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Jenna, you may just have solved a plot problem... :o) Thank you!

Heather said...

Oh, finally! I've been trying to reply to this for two weeks, but kept getting an error message. *sob*

This sounds like an interesting book. The premise seems similar to Wish it, Dream it, Do it by Leslie Levine. She was at a conference I attended a few years ago, and she totally rocked--much like you do! Good luck in meeting these goals!

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

Ben said...

I like your list a lot. Reminds me of the ancient Greek maxim "Know Thyself." It's something often neglected, sadly. You have some cool points on your list. I may have to adopt a few of them :)