Thursday, March 05, 2009

Thursday 13 - Quick and Easy Organizing


  1. Keep sheet sets together with ribbon - use ribbon from gifts, or left over from projects. Never hunt down matching pillow cases again!

  2. Use gallon-size zippered plastic bags to keep cloth napkins together in the linen closet.

  3. Stuff plastic grocery bags in an empty tissue box. Easy storage, easy to grab when you need.

  4. A travel pill box is a great way to pack jewelry

  5. Closets look neater when you use only one kind of hanger

  6. Tuck a sheet of those free, unsolicited mailing address lables in your purse and use them to fill out forms (or raffle tickets).

  7. A hammock can be strung up in the garage during the cooler months to keep track of the kids soccer balls and other warm-weather backyard paraphanelia

  8. Hang a shoe organizer on the inside of closet doors to keep shoes off the floor

  9. Shoe organizers can be used to keep other things tidy too, from hats and gloves to ornaments and craft supplies

  10. Use bicycle hooks to keep bikes, hoses, and extension cords off the garage floor

  11. Treat your linen closet like your clothes closet, if you haven't used it in a year - pitch it.

  12. Keep party essentials - candles, napkins, vases - together to make set-up easier.

  13. The lid of a large plastic storage tub is great for keeping the dog's dish or wet rain boots off the floor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tips, Jenna! My hubby says I'm really anal about organization. LOL! I can't help it though. I like everything in it's proper place. Happy Thursday! *HUGS*

Jennifer McKenzie said...

This makes my head hurt. LOL.
You're thinking about Spring Cleaning, aren't you?
*shudders*
LOL!

Anonymous said...

Now that's organized! Me, I just stick all the extra in storage.

Ms Menozzi said...

I am in awe of your skills- and efficiency!

*scribbles notes to keep organized with*

*loses notes in mess*

Someday, maybe?

Ciao!
Happy TT!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking...there is lots I could be doing...and I SHOULD be this organized...

Heather said...

Tissue boxes are so handy for storing plastic bags--I keep one under both kitchen and bathroom sinks. I also keep address labels in my bag and use giant twist ties to keep extension cords in order. Happy T13!

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/