Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What was on the radio...when you were 18?

April had this idea to find the songs popular when you were 18 and wax romantic about them...well...

We've Got It Goin' On - Backstreet Boys :: Ah yes, the boy band phenomenon. I loved it!

I Like It, I Love It - Tim McGraw :: This song was HUGE in Southern Oregon...but then, anything Tim McGraw still is.

You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette :: This was a song we could not just play. You had to try to break the speakers. Which, would make the boy people quite annoyed. They'd rather we blast something with bass.

Good Intentions - Toad The Wet Sprocket :: I do not recall this song, but do remember that HubbaBubba had a Toad The Wet Sprocket CD and it was nearly a deal breaker for me.




And... to show how far people can come...Justin Timberlake won an Emmy! For his skit on Saturday Night Live. You know the one.

3 comments:

Karen said...

oh, shoot -- I'll tell you. 1974. Brother -- that was a long time ago!! Now I'm going to go have to look and see what was No 1 on 12/11/1974, my 18th birthday!!

Kate Hardy said...

1984 was not a good vintage year *g* though my kids are singing a lot of those songs now.

I'm going to pinch your meme and post my thoughts on 1984 (or at leat music of the mid-80s as I didn't tend to listen to chart stuff) on my blog tomorrow. :o)

Kate Hardy said...

PS the week BEFORE I was 18 was a goodie - Yes, 'Owner of a Lonely Heart'.

The actual week...

Sigh.

Culture Club, 'Karma Chameleon'. I am being tortured by this at the mo by my littlies singing well off key (aka playing 'Boogie' on the Wii...)